BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 10 September 2009

Of houses, schools and rainbow birds


I have a house, its a bungalow which is pretty cool.
Its not technically ours, its a rental, but its ours for a year.
Its in Templestowe, but really close to Doncaster East, as in the road the house is on is the boundary between the two suburbs.
The house is nice, the living area is huge, but everythings a bit beige, then again that was to be expected all rentals are.
The areas nice, theres a park along the road and a couple of big shopping malls nearby.
All the streets in the estate are named after famous authors too which is kinda strange, including Bronte, Hardy and Blyton.
Some of the houses nearby are frickin huge aswell, think my old house, triple the size, then double it again and that is the size of some of the houses, and there are some even bigger than that.

I also have a school.
I have to do the final term of grade ten, so I will be repeating a term, but thats not too bad.
The school is about double the size of SHS, then again Pips primary school is bigger than SHS.
About 40% of students arent Aussies, so I wont be to strange, although the majority of non Aussies are Asian, so I will be a bit different.
Apparently my english teacher will "positively adore my accent" I'll take that as a good sign.
I also have some interesting subjects for the next term, I got my choices for my VCE years, but for grade 10 there were very few subjects left so I'm stuck taking painting and ceramics (pottery damn it.)

There are some things I've noticed since I came here,
The birds are ridiculosly loud, and a large number of them are very bright in colour.
They serve mashed potato (although it doesnt look, smell or taste like mashed potato thats what they say it is) at KFC when you order a meal.
The internet connection in this temorary rental is rubbish.
And its cold, I realise its winter, but I expect to come from the Uk to a warm country and for it to actually be warm and not cold, wet and miserable like it is right now.

2 cutting remarks:

RosyBug said...

Have you met a man called Bruce or a woman called Sheila?

dutchy said...

ewww bronte... ewwwwww....